Virtual Shared Reading Group
Please join us for an online shared reading 5:45pm – 6:45pm Thursdays
Led by Om & Alisha this is a fun way to keep in touch and keep enjoying stories and poetry together while our public spaces are unavailable.
Now meeting virtually on Zoom.
Thursdays 5:45–6:45 PM
Please email for the Zoom link
Led by Om and Alisha, this is a fun way to keep in touch and enjoy stories together while our public spaces are unavailable.
Shared reading for new Aucklanders is a read-aloud group, with plenty of time for reading, listening and sharing. We welcome speakers of any language who want to read or listen to English short stories.
RSVP to Alisha at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy of the week’s story in advance of the meeting. We’ll send it as a PDF and a link so you can read along any way that works best for you. Just keep the story until the session so we can discover it together – try not to read it beforehand!
Virtual meeting tips:
- You can use Zoom on any device, including computers, tablets and phones. You may choose to print the story or read it on your device, whatever works best for you.
- If this is your first time on Zoom, download the application and test out the link before the meeting to make sure your video and audio are sorted.
- Wait a moment after someone else finishes speaking before you chime in. Sometimes there may be a lag and they may not have acutally finished talking.
- If you’re using Zoom on a computer, select the “grid view” on the top right on the screen to see all participants at once.
- When someone is reading out loud, mute your microphone to minimise background noise.
Learn more about the reader leaders for this group: